Junior Computer Vision Engineer
Our mission at Webiks is to create powerful, data-driven applications and models that help our clients innovate and grow. We build custom software and custom models for clients from multiple industries, including Defense, Security, Health, and Automotive. We think long-term. Forming long-lasting strong relationships and partnerships with our clients is at the core of our strategy.
As a Junior Computer Vision Engineer you will have an important role in our Data Science and AI team. You are a Computer Vision enthusiast, with knowledge in both deep learning and classical computer vision algorithms. You are familiar with vision based navigation, image registration, detection, classification and segmentation of images and objects. You understand that, sometimes, good old ML modeling and classical image and signal processing techniques are essential, and you enjoy combining them with end-to-end DL approaches.
- Design, develop and train state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms. All the way from rapid prototyping to production-ready models (object detection, fine-grained object classification, change detection and more).
- Collaborate with engineers in our data-science, full-stack software development and product-management teams - to implement value-adding solutions.
- Evaluate your results and improve your solutions based on business metrics and scientific train-val-test methodologies.
- Explore innovative techniques, such as active-learning, self-supervised learning and generative models, and evaluate their usability to our use-cases.
- Drive the end-to-end execution of Computer Vision projects, including understanding the requirements and goals, set the criteria, data exploration, model selection, training, and evaluation, all the way to full-scale implementation and integration.
- Maintain a highly cross-disciplinary perspective, solving issues by applying approaches and methods from across a variety of Data Science disciplines and related fields.
- You flourish when you are surrounded by talented, sharp-minded people.
- You love doing things yourself. You like mentoring others.
- You are a great communicator. You write, you talk, you appear, you communicate.
- You are open. You understand that the only reason you have reached so far is that you were able to stand on the shoulders of giants. You truly believe the principles of the open movement - Open Source, Open Data & Open Innovation.
- Technical understanding of Computer Vision and Deep Learning.
- B.Sc. degree graduate with relevant courses in CV, DL.
- 0-2 years of hands-on experience in computer vision.
- Proficient in Python.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks and libraries (Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras).
- Experience with computer vision frameworks and libraries (OpenCV, Pillow, PCL, etc.).
- You are comfortable at reading academic papers and reproducing their results.
Please attach to your email links to at any of the followings:
- A paper you have published (arXiv included).
- A technical blogpost you have written (English or Hebrew).
- A lecture/presentation you gave in a meetup/course/conference.
- A Kaggle competition you have participated in and scored well.
- An open-source project you have contributed to.
- A Jupyter / Colab notebook you have published.